Friday, April 12, 2013

The Next Wave


On Wednesday, April 10th, we had wave upon wave of storms move through the central and southern states.  My area was fortunate not to have any highwinds or hail, but he sure had torrential downpours!  This shot was taken mid-morning from our back porch, as one of the wall clouds was forming in the west, and getting ready to move over us. 

I took this image with the panorama mode of my Sony A55 dslr.  Using this, I can press the shutter button while facing one end of my intended image, and hold it down as I pan slowly (and levelly, if that's a word) to the other end.  The camera then "stitches" it all together for me -- which is much nicer for me than having to use special software (and special skills) to do this manually.  Many of the newer "point and shoot" cameras have this feature too -- so if you are planning any vacation travel to any areas with beautiful vistas, it might be time to upgrade your camera.  Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 does panoramas too -- something else to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment